The rantings, observations, and discussions of a progressive conservative.

Firefox 2

07 July 2005

Code of Ethics for Blogging on Conservative Progress

The following was originally posted on the Free Voice on Jan. 30, 2005. Some minor editting has been done as part of the retooling/relocation of my blog.

The following code is based on the Code of Blogging Ethics at Desirable Roasted Coffee by Allan Jenkins; many thanks to him for allowing me to base my code off of his. I highly recommend even those only mildly interested in blogging read that post and its related links.
Code of Ethics for Blogging on the Free VoiceAs with journalism, being a blogger carries great power, and with great also comes great responsibility. Therefore, I shall endeavor to act ethically in my weblogging, using the following as a guide:

1. My words will not be bought, nor my silence. Any conflict of interest will be revealed and addressed.

2. Relevant conversation, debate, and rebuttal will always be allowed and welcomed through email, comments and trackbacks.

3. Honesty and accuracy are imperative to both journalism and blogging, therefore both are necessary in any and every post.

4. Posts will not be modified except to correct minor grammatical errors, or unless clearly marked as either a correction or update. Deleted posts will be noted, and no post will be backdated.

5. Material from other sources will be credited and, if possible, be linked its source. Also, if possible related and relevant information for other sources will be linked/included.

I will hold myself to this code, as well as the other codes and creeds I follow, and openly accept any advice/criticism if any reader sees that I am not.

Digg!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

Add to Technorati Favorites