The rantings, observations, and discussions of a progressive conservative.

Firefox 2

20 May 2006

Rattling the big dog's cage is a bad idea

Chances are you're going to Hell. Just thought I'd let you know. ;-)

This was a comment posted just a little bit ago on my post Is this really how you intend to win believers?. Apparently, the author of GOP Christian wanted to leave me that message. Somehow, he came to this judgment of me by reading my previous entries. I'm not sure how, or even why, but he is definitely wrong. Of course, I guess I shouldn't be too hard on this individual, after all, they don't actually know me, they just came to a snap judgment about my eternal salvation based of off too little information and bad assumptions.

This same blogger has commented on another of my posts, More on hate monger Phelps, with a comment about how feminism is not Christian. Not only was the comment off-topic, the bulk of it's content was entirely a cut-&-paste of one of his own posts. I don't mind differing point of views, but I would rather have a synopsis and a link to the original post.

Maybe I am being a little harsh, but the first comment set me off. I glanced over his blog right quick, and a quote from Men in Black came to mind:
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangeous animals..."

I see so many people who are intelligent and capable of great thought and understanding but who instead choose to hide in the crowd where they feel safe and their ideals unchallenged. What a lost state of ignorance to choose when you can be capable of so much greatness.

For better or for worse, the GOP Christian felt the need to make his comments. Maybe I did need someone to rattle my cage a little to wake me up. Whatever the case, I'm back!

-the Progressive Conservative

Digg!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

Add to Technorati Favorites