The rantings, observations, and discussions of a progressive conservative.

Firefox 2

03 August 2005

Writer/Blogger murdered in Iraq

It's been in the news and all over the blogsphere today that blogger and free lance writer Steven Vincent was murdered in Iraq. I really am not familiar with his work, but from what I am seeing, this is a clear sign for why we should be fighting.

Since I am not as familiar this this story, I'll post link to some blogs covering it:

PoliPundit
A Little Bit Left
Steven Holden
Instapundit
RightPundit
Clasical Values
LGF
The Opinionated Bastard
Ann Althouse
One Hand Clapping
Powerline
Arthur Chrenkoff
Michelle Malkin

Also, MSM coverage of Vincent's murder:

BBC
FoxNews
MSNBC
Reuters

A lot of the posts I have read point out that Vincent was reporting insurgent infiltration of the Basra Police. His murder appears to be an attempt to silence this. Vincent's death is a tragedy, but I hope not in vain. And I sincerely hope that one point is not lost in the reporting of this atrocity: the insurgents and terrorists are not fighting for anyone's freedom. Exactly the opposite, they are working to strip freedom from the people they want to subjugate.

I also want to point out that after nearly an hour of searching, I have not found any AP coverage of this. Somehow, I am not surprised.

-the Progressive Conservative

Technorati tags: , ,

Update [3:44pm]: Here is the link to Vincent's blog, In the Red Zone

Digg!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

Add to Technorati Favorites