The rantings, observations, and discussions of a progressive conservative.

Firefox 2

04 August 2005

An explanation

I have had a couple of comments appear questioning my description of myself as a progressive conservative. I believe much of this confusion stems from the idea that I am using partisan labels, which I am not. I am using the words progressive and conservative in their actual meanings:

pro·gres·sive - adj.:
Promoting or favoring progress toward better conditions or new policies, ideas, or methods: a progressive politician; progressive business leadership.

con·ser·va·tive - n.:
One favoring traditional views and values.

(definitions are from dictionary.com)

The point I am trying to get across is that I am not a right-wing, partisan conservative, I actually hate partisan politics. [see previous post: From the old blog: Why I hate the Democrat Party (really all political parties)]

I know this may seem contradictory to some, and I hope I can open your minds to understand that it is not. It is not only possible to be conservative and want to see the world a better place, it is really a true aim of being conservative that sadly is all too often lost.

I'm not aiming for anyone to like what I say, I just want to inform and open minds to truth, reason, and what is right.

"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."
-Don Marquis


-the Progressive Conservative

Digg!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

Add to Technorati Favorites